The RTSO wants you to know about the VALUE you and your membership bring to the profession.
Healthcare in Ontario is currently in a state of transition. The RTSO requires your membership, your ideas and your experience to address the concerns and issues that impact RTs in Ontario. Your profession needs you! Join or renew your membership today! https://www.rtso.ca/practicing-membership-registration/#join
Did you know that our organization is volunteer-driven? Our team works hard to ensure RT’s are not overlooked through healthcare transformation.
We’re here to help!
Please let us know what the RTSO can do for you to support your practice …we are here for you! Drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!
We don’t mean to brag, but we’re pretty awesome!
Here are some examples of what we have accomplished and/or are still working on:
- RT Mapping correlating COPD prevalence
- Creation of an Integrated RT job profile
- Survey to determine how PTSD affects RTs and pursuing uncharted research into mental health for RT’s while advocating for inclusion of Respiratory Therapists in PTSD legislation Bill 163
- Creating a package of resources for RRTs to implement the use of ultrasound in their facilities (medical delegation & resource package is currently available; advocacy efforts are ongoing)
- Representation on the MOHLTC Expert Panels…COPD; NIV and Cough Assist in Long-Term Care
- Facilitate RTSO members to join various provincial groups to set standards on Respiratory related topics such as HQO Asthma and COPD Quality Standards clinical working groups and BORN
Wait, there’s more…
- professional liability insurance
- research support and mentorship
- a quarterly newsletter, RTSO Airwaves
- an annual Leadership Summit
- an annual INSPIRE Educational Forum
- resources, upcoming webinars, and more!