The Pinnacle Award is a premium award, awarded only to a Respiratory Therapist in Ontario who has contributed to the profession in a unique manner.
To be considered for this award the following criteria must be met to qualify:
- must be a member in good standing with the RTSO.
- must hold a valid license with the CRTO;
- must have shown dedication to the profession by:
a. being an active member of the RTSO for a minimum of 10 years; and,
b. served either as a Director or Executive Member of the RTSO Board of Directors and/or a RTSO Committee Chairperson and/or a RTSO appointee to a CSRT Committee; or,
c. organized a special function which benefited the Society in general or specific to a particular cause;
- must have benefited the RTs in Ontario in either a:
a. professional; and/or,
b. educational; and/or,
c. organizational; and/or,
d. moral; and/or,
e. scientific; and/or,
f. financial manner.
- must be nominated by a member in good standing with the RTSO and provide a written brief detailing the activities and rationale for nominating the individual; and,
- be approved by the Board of Directors of the RTSO.