Education and Training
There are a number of post-graduate degree programs, courses and tutorials related to research, evaluation and quality improvement methodology that are available in person and/or on-line.
Along with information about organizations’ advanced practice, post-graduate and ongoing education opportunities, other information is available to support:
- funding for education, research and knowledge translation activities;
- research tools and resources; and
- knowledge translation processes and activities
All Universities in Ontario offer research-related post graduate education and courses:
- Western University, London
- McMaster University, Hamilton
- University of Toronto, Toronto
- Ryerson University, Toronto
- York University, Toronto
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Oshawa
- Trent University, Peterborough
- Queen’s University, Kingston
- Carleton University, Ottawa
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- Lakehead University, Thunder Bay
- Laurentian University, Sudbury
- Nipissing University, North Bay
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo
- Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo
- University of Guelph, Guelph
- University of Windsor, Windsor
- Brock University, St. Catharines
There are also online undergraduate and degree programs available in Canada which provide respiratory therapists with opportunities to advance their education while continuing to practice.
- Athabasca University, Athabasca, Alberta
Online Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC
In-class or Online Courses, Certificates, Diplomas, Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
- IDEAS (Improving & Driving Excellence Across Sectors)
Accredited Introductory and Advanced Quality Improvement Program available across Ontario, funded by the Ministry of Health and
Long Term Care in Ontario.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
To access course for free, you must register and check off that you are a student
- The Michener Institute, Toronto, ON
Clinical Research Associate (CRA) Graduate Certificate Program (Online
- Describes principles, standards and procedures for governing research involving human subjects; a MUST for anyone involved in research in Canada.
- The course entails Goals of the Policy and the Context of an Ethics Framework.