Permanent, Full-time/Part-time Position(s) in the Operating Room (OR)
There’s never been a better time to join Makenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Anaesthesia Assistants who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) who has completed an accredited Anaesthesia Assistant (AA) advanced program, you’ll provide anaesthesia care and respiratory therapy to patients, as directed by the Anaesthesia Service and in alignment with Mackenzie Health’s patient- and family-centred approach to providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients. You’ll also provide technical and clinical support to Anaesthesiologists and the Anaesthesia Care Team in the Perioperative and Procedure Areas, and in other specialty areas of the hospital where anaesthesia is practised.
If this sounds like you, and you’re prepared to work days and weekends (7.5-hour or 11.25-hour shifts) at any of our sites to meet patient care needs in the Operating Room, keep reading.
What must you have?
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO).
- Enrolment in, or completion of, an accredited Anaesthesia Assistant (basic) program or equivalent education/work experience.
- Successful completion of the Certified Clinical Anaesthesia Assistant exam.
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Proficiency in airway management and manual ventilation with and without an established advanced airway (ETT and/or LMA/hypo-pharyngeal airway).
- Demonstrated proficiency in intravenous line insertion, in establishing and maintaining IV access and in the administration of anaesthesia care-related medications.
- Knowledge of CRTO standards of practice and a clear understanding of the application of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) legislation.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and effectively lead clinical inter-professional teams.
- Highly developed conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to comply with, patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to effectively use empathy in interactions with others.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Membership with the Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario.
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists.
Experience a place where people come first
As a health care leader serving a population of more than half a million people, Mackenzie Health offers a dynamic, supportive environment of respect and continuous learning. A place where all staff are valued, can engage in meaningful work as part of a friendly, diverse team and use best-in-class technology to provide exceptional patient care. Experience a place where people come first. Experience Mackenzie Health – your ultimate career destination.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.