Respiratory therapy leaders from across the Province met on June 15, 2017 at a Leadership Summit to network, share and hear about health care system changes that affect or will affect respiratory therapy practice. The Summit was very well received with evaluation forms providing a score of 4.73 out of 5 for the overall impression of the day. Comments included;
- Excellent; very helpful to understand how we are aligned to have a shared vision
- Practical advice on how to move projects forward
- Thanks for sharing your comments on RT engagement; maybe we can have a strategy session in the future
The Leadership Summit presentations have been made available by the following presenters:
- Engaging the “New LHINs”: Kevin De Jong RRT, BSc, IA, Quality Improvement Specialist, Southwest LHIN
- Supporting Best Practice for COPD Care Across the System:
Sue Jones RRT, NFRRT, LSSBB, Quality Improvement Specialist,
Health Quality Ontario
- Emergency Department (ED) Asthma Care Pathways and Their Impact on Respiratory Therapy Practice: Jennifer MacKinnon, BSc, RRT,CRE, Curriculum Developer, Provider Education Program and Carole Madeley RRT, CRE, MAppSc(RespSc), Director, Respiratory Health Programs, Ontario Lung Association
Ontario’s Indigenous Cultural Safety (cultural competency framework) and training program noted at the Summit (i.e aboriginal awareness) are at http://soahac.on.ca
We believe the changing health care system is providing opportunities for respiratory therapists to adapt and continue to make a difference. Through this forum, we aimed to
- To share information related to health system transformation and Patients First implementation, its potential impact on respiratory therapy practice and patient health outcomes.
- To provide a networking opportunity for hospital-based respiratory therapy leaders to share issues and solutions, experiences, and lessons learned.
- To solicit participants input to inform the RTSO’s supporting role related to advocacy, member education and committee work.
Please refer to the Agenda HERE
For further information and/or to join the hospital-based Leadership Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org