The Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario (RTSO) is a non-profit organization of professionals devoted to the promotion of Respiratory Therapy in the province of Ontario.
The RTSO serves as the voice of the profession, and its purpose is to:
- Promote leadership and direction in the expansion of the role of the Respiratory Therapist in response to the changing health needs of the community.
- Encourage the professional growth of our members by supporting the development, promotion and provision of educational opportunities.
- Advocacy and promotion of high quality health care.
- Support and provide public education on respiratory health and disease.
- Support programs in research, patient care, education and management.
- Promote the profession of Respiratory Therapy.
- Represent the professional interests of Respiratory Therapists voicing opinions in a consistent, unified fashion.
- Development and maintenance of standards for practice of Respiratory Therapy in the community.
The Mission of the RTSO is: to represent, advocate and advance the professional interests of Respiratory Therapists in the Province of Ontario.