RTSO Community Respiratory Therapy Committee
The Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario (RTSO) is a non-profit organization of professionals devoted to the promotion of Respiratory Therapy in the province of Ontario.
The RTSO serves as the voice of the profession, and its purpose is to:
- Promote leadership and direction in the expansion of the role of the Respiratory Therapist in response to the changing health needs of the community.
- Encourage the professional growth of our members by supporting the development, promotion and provision of educational opportunities.
- Advocacy and promotion of high quality health care.
- Support and provide public education on respiratory health and disease.
- Support programs in research, patient care, education and management.
- Promote the profession of Respiratory Therapy.
- Represent the professional interests of Respiratory Therapists voicing opinions in a consistent, unified fashion.
- Development and maintenance of standards for practice of Respiratory Therapy in the community.
The Mission of the RTSO is: to represent, advocate and advance the professional interests of Respiratory Therapists in the Province of Ontario.
Respiratory therapists across Ontario will provide leadership in order to facilitate the provision of Respiratory Therapy services to all Ontarians in need, particularly in the community setting, which will improve health outcomes.
To be leaders in the advocacy, education and promotion of respiratory therapy services in the community in order to improve patient and client outcomes.