DEPARTMENT: Surgical Services (Endoscopy/OR)
REPORTS TO: Manager Respiratory Services
UNION: OPSEU PARA
The AA will also provide coverage in the operating room by providing anesthesia care to stable surgical patients under supervision and immediate availability of an Anesthesiologist. The AA may also cover in a block room and with inductions within the operating room. For day to day supervision, the AA is directly accountable to the Anesthesiologist assigned to the surgical case.
The scope of practice of the AA is defined by their own professional standards and by the scope of the supervising Anesthesiologist. This role is an expanded role of the RRT and requires completion of a post graduate anesthesia assistant certification program.
- Anesthesia Assistant Certificate (required)
- Knowledge of Anesthesiology, basic hemodynamic principles, and Anesthesia equipment to be operated (required)
- BLS Certificate required, current ACLS Certification required within one year then every 2 years
- CCAA preferred
- excellent communication skills, written and oral
- excellent interpersonal skills
- problem solving and decision making
- knowledge of human cardiorespiratory physiology
- knowledge of related pharmacodynamics and kinetics
- knowledge of policies & procedures including occupational health & safety practices
- invasive and noninvasive monitoring
- oxygen therapy and airway management
- anesthesia delivery system management
- preparation of drugs and drug infusions
- collection of perioperative anesthesia data
- management of venous and arterial infusion lines
- moderate level of computer skills required
- Demonstrated good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre.
Candidates can apply here: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PRHC&cws=1&rid=4179
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Please note, in the case of unionized positions, the Health Centre will consider internal applicants first, in accordance with the particular Collective Agreement.