Temporary Part-Time RRT, Respiratory Therapy
(Job Id 690)
Category: Allied Health
Employment Type: Employee
Post Date: 01/28/2021
Close Date: 03/31/2021
Salary: 32.43-44.78 CAD
Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Position Status: Temporary Part-time
Temporary Contract End Date (if applicable): October 2021
Number of Positions: 2
WHY WORK FOR US:
At PRHC, we believe that the best way to support our patients is through our people. Exploring new positions, programs, or development initiatives is encouraged as it contributes to your personal and professional growth. PRHC supports and encourages you to pursue whatever path you choose.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The role of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is to provide airway management, mechanical ventilation (invasive and noninvasive) bronchodilator and inhaled medication therapy, oxygen and medical gas therapy, therapeutic intervention and education and pulmonary diagnostics to adult, paediatric and neonatal patients within the established standards of practice of professional practice.RRT’s are self-regulated members of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO) and as such are required to meet yearly continuing competency requirements
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Respiratory Therapy Diploma from an accredited program.
- Professional registration in good standing with the CRTO.
- Current BCLS and NRP
- ACLS preferred
WHO YOU ARE:
Someone who possesses:
- Ability to assess, evaluate and communicate appropriate Respiratory Therapy Care Plans
- Ability to conduct respiratory tests and treatments
- Ability to keep accurate records and patient charts
- Ability to assess patient response to care and to respond appropriately
- Ability to deal with conflict situations
- Ability to collaborate with others as a member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to provide good customer service
- Experience with critical care and emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer literate with hospital systems
- Demonstrated willingness to continually upgrade skills and be active in the continual development of Respiratory Services.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia equipment an asset
Applicants can apply directly through the PRHC careers page.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please Notify us by indicating you require an accommodation in your application form. A representative from Human Resources will be in touch with you to tailor the recruitment process to meet your accommodation needs.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.