EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE RESOURCES
Chief Medical Officer of Health memo outlining the following new and updated resources on Ebola virus disease:
I am pleased to announce the release of the following resources to support Ontario health system readiness for the Ebola virus disease (EVD):
- Updated Chief Medical Officer of Health Directive #1 for Hospitals
- Summary of changes to the Chief Medical Officer of Health Directive #1 for Hospitals
- New Chief Medical Officer of Health Directive #5 Regarding Laboratory Services in Designated Hospitals
- New guidance for public health units entitled Management of Cases of Ebola and their Contacts in Ontario
- Revised factsheet entitled A Three-Tier Approach to Ebola Virus Disease Management in Ontario
All organizations subject to these directives must take immediate steps to review and begin implementing these measures. To ensure full awareness of these expectations, I request that recipients of this memo forward these materials internally within your organization.
The ministry’s Emergency Operations Centre is no longer activated; however, the Emergency Management Branch continues to monitor the situation and coordinate ongoing EVD preparedness and response efforts. Health sector employers and health care workers can continue to contact the ministry’s Health Care Provider Hotline by email at email@example.com or phone at 1-866-212-2272 with questions or concerns about EVD. Thank you for your ongoing efforts to support Ontario’s readiness for EVD.
Original signed by David L. Mowat, MD, MHSc FRCP
Interim Chief Medical Officer of Health