The Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario is a non-profit organization of professionals devoted to the promotion of Respiratory Therapy in the province of Ontario.
Role of the RTSO
The RTSO serves as the voice of the profession, and its purpose is to:
- Promote leadership and direction in the expansion of the role of the Respiratory Therapist in response to the changing health needs of the community.
- Encourage the professional growth of our members by supporting the development, promotion and provision of educational opportunities.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of high quality health care.
- Support and provide public education on respiratory health and disease.
- Support programs in research, patient care, education and management.
- Promote the profession of Respiratory Therapy.
- Represent the professional interests of Respiratory Therapists voicing concerns in a consistent, unified fashion.
- Development and maintenance of standards for practice of Respiratory Therapy.
Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario
160-2 County Court Blvd., Unit 440,
Brampton, ON L6W 4V1
Telephone: 1-647-729-2717 (Toronto)
Toll Free: 1-855-297-2089
(A History of Past Board Members)
2011/12 RTSO Executive & Board of Directors
- President: Mika Nonoyama
- President Elect: Robert Bryan
- Past President: Dave McKay
- Treasurer: Michael Keim
- Director: Gloria Bello
- Director: Michael S. Kampen
- Director: Stephanie Rotella
- Director: Brooke Sobczak
- Committee Chair: Jeff Dionne
- Committee Chair: Dilshad Moosa
- Student Affairs: Kate Scrimgeour
- Business Manager: Stephen Laramee
With the rapid expansion of respiratory therapy and its specialization, the RTSO initiated the Special Interest Groups (SIG) to address the needs of these therapists. Currently there are two SIGs. The Chair of each SIG sits on the Board of Directors of the Society.
- Anesthesia Respiratory Therapist Association of Ontario, (vacant)
- Ontario Association of Homecare Respiratory Therapists, Shane Donaldson